Sunday, March 29, 2015

An even bigger megayacht, a really big barge and on OTT sunset.


This thing is a mini cruise ship.


Got held up on my way to Sunday lunch.


These guys are pretty tame and will take food from your hand.

We had a bit of excitement when the largest barge I have seen in this area got stuck on a sandbar in the middle of the harbor. He was forced onto it because of the sailboats anchored around the bar.

It did surprise me that I heard no VHF traffic before during or after grounding. He got the nose of the barge pretty close to one of the anchored boats during his attempts to wriggle the barge of the sand bar. He turned the water sandy in his efforts as he stirred up the bottom.

I was impressed by the seamanship of the tug skipper as he get the barge off the sand bar. Worked his way astern into some clear space. Cleared the lines to the barge that were holding him in the hip tow position and rerigged lines to allow a stern tow.

He was directly up wind of me as he did this so I was ready to drop my anchor chain with a buoy on it and get out of his way if it all went wrong.


Once all the excitement of the day was over I was able to enjoy the sunset which for a change from the subdued pastels came in outrageous over the top color. The Lords and Ladies of the sunset had been dipping into the acrylics again.

I like lime in my G&T and this looks like an orange does it not.


Well it was in a section marked limes.

The veg guy confirmed that "Yes they are limes".

The checkout assistant selected the lime option when checking them through the weigh machine.

But I was unsure so I tasted one before adding it to my G&T. They sure are sour whatever they are.

Finally I was happier than ol' Blue layin' on the porch chewin' on a big ol' caitfish head to hear Miss Kitty say " Good morning y'all. " to start the morning cruisers net. She comes from somewhere deep in the South where sushi is still called bait.

No comments:

Post a Comment