Monday, March 9, 2015

LAST DAYS SKIING AT CANYONS and getting back to HOME



I am smiling because the skies are blue, the pistes at Canyons are empty, the lift queues are non existent and the skiing is great.




I dropped my skis off at Eric's and sat down to my last poker game of this trip.

It was to be a 3.50 am start next day as my flight left at 5.58am. The plan was to get home to Grenada in 3 hops but it was not to be. I knew that winter storm Thor had disrupted things and indeed seats out of the heartland to Miami were in high demand. The rebooking agent in SLC beavered away and eventually routed me through LA and Baton Rouge to Miami then next day to St Lucia with a final hop to Grenada.

I was glad to see Grenada, Whisper Cove, finding my dinghy still there and the outboard undisturbed, Elephants Child bobbing in the chop and Dizzy prowling the aft rail to greet me home.











He has been mostly welded to my side since I got home and is helping me write this just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment