Monday, August 28, 2017

Harvey 'different' cruising boats and I lost Dizzy for a while.

Harvey has done a number on Texas. I woke up and on my news feed was this very disturbing picture of a seniors facility which had been told to stay put and NOT evacuate. The old lady in a wheel chair up to her chest in water and waiting patiently for help has gone viral. The thousand year flood or so they say.

I was sitting in the cockpit enjoying my morning coffee with a square of strong Grenada chocolate and ruminating on the unusual number of cruising mobos that I could see.

Craziest of them all is the Flying Buzzard a 105 ft Clyde built Tug that is 70 years old.


But the next 4 are the sort of boat not often seen as the home for Eat Caribbean Cruisers.


But as crazy boats go Galatea built over a 100 years ago slim as a starved whippet and part time submarine is one to watch.

She is still winning races and still looking good.

A credit to Judd and his crew.



Speaking of crew I had a nasty fright when I could not find Dizzy and he missed two meals. I eventually tracked him down to a locker I had had open for seconds. He was right at the back with stuff in front of him that I had replaced.

The rascal has an uncanny ability to sense when I am not watching and hops in to any locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment