Tuesday, January 9, 2018

ONLY IN AMERICA

After weeks of speculation, controversial former Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced he will run for Senate in Arizona.

A Republican, Arpaio, 85, is an ally of President Trump. The president pardoned Arpaio in August 2017 after he was found guilty of criminal contempt for denying a judge’s order to stop traffic patrols that allegedly targeted immigrants.

“I have a lot to offer. I’m a big supporter of President Trump,” Arpaio said in an interview with the Washington Examiner. “I’m going to have to work hard; you don’t take anything for granted. But I would not be doing this if I thought that I could not win. I’m not here to get my name in the paper, I get that every day, anyway.”

I see him as a sensible man who worked the system.

Pink pajamas for the inmates.

Tents for cells.

No stimulating drinks, no coffee, no tea, no coke etc.

Initially no TV but the supreme court decided that was a breach of prisoners rights so Joe gave them 2 religious channels, the weather channel and a cartoon channel.

When applying the laws on illegal immigrants on the Mexican border he went after people who looked Mexican. Good idea?


Yup he reintroduced the chain gang.


I liked Sheriff Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment