Tuesday, November 6, 2018

HANGING OUT IN GUADELOUPE

I have been lotus eating in Guadeloupe. It is my favorite Caribbean island.

But a couple of people have asked why stay there in hurricane season. Well I was beating feet South when we got the first real scare of the season a while back.

It was a hurricane that could not make up it's mind. Normally as they spin up they curve to the North. Not this one, it wobbled and went South a bit, wobbled a bit more and went more to the South. As I was North of it's current track it did not seem a good idea to head into it's path.




I was in the Saintes and the closest good hurricane hole was the canal between the wings of the butterfly.





Tied to the mangroves you can survive most hurricanes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi John, I have just read the story of the inner forestay failure and repair which I have much enjoyed. It's got to be good for our ageing brains to figure out answers to problems like that one! If I knew how to copy that bit of the blog I'd pass it on to George our Laurieston blacksmith who grew up here and visits every summer. Love Marion

    ReplyDelete