Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Forever sailing in the Caribbean.

Hi

My name is Hope Jack and I am John Dunckers niece.

I am sorry to post this but unfortunately John was found dead on his boat on the 18th August 2019.

Dizzy who has been a main feature of this blog is now with a lovely lady where he will spend the rest of his days on dry land.

John will now forever be sailing the Caribbean which is what he loved to do as we spread his ashes in the sea of the coast of Martinique.



RIP John you will be sorely missed.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of John's passing. He was an amazing man. I had the good fortune to sail with him and Dizzy. I am pleased Dizzy has a wonderful new home.
    Gaye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know John personnally but I have been reading his adventures for the last seven years after sailing in the Caribbean myself. It seems very strange not to read his posts any more. He seemed like a wonderful man.
    RIP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry to hear this sad news. Hope, thanks for letting us know. Fly high, big man!
    -Neil Clark

    ReplyDelete
  4. John had many friends in the hang gliding community. He was the first man proven to fly over 10,000ft in the uk, and was meet director for our British Championships.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sad news. John was a prolific poster and a popular member on the YBW Forum. This is wjhere I saw this thread mentioning that he had crossed the bar. Sail on John on that eternal broad reach, you will be missed in the Caribbean and on the Forum.
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?527845-TQA-R-I-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad news - during the early 1980s I ran the annual University Hang Gliding Championships and John came along as part of the Loughborough team - we became good friends for many years - until the sailing bug bit and off he went.

    ReplyDelete