Saturday, March 5, 2011

ON THE WHITE STUFF AGAIN!

A skiing bucket list trip

ARAPAHO BASIN
BEAVER CREEK
BRECKENRIDGE
LOVELAND
COPPER MOUNTAIN
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
KEYSTONE
VAIL
WINTERPARK


9 Ski resorts
3 pairs of boots
$30 skis
One wonderful B & B in Silverthorne with great company and a HOT TUB!

I had a great time the last three weeks starting with some acclimatisation in Denver and a little bit of shopping, then starting at Winterpark I have skied my buns off for 19 days. I would ski a couple of days then take a day off then I was out again.






It was a sad day when my beloved Salomon SX 90s broke on me. I bought a new pair of 4 clip boots and PAIN PAIN PAIN so against the BOOT EXPURTS [ drips under pressure ] advice I went out looking for another pair of rear entry boots and found a pair in Denver offered that was my size. I wore them for the first time today and it was bliss after my painful boots.

I was at Vail today with 9 skiing Elvis impersonators, a spaceman and a bunch of tiggers in tiger suits and I closed down the mountain.

I was so tired I needed a restorative beer in a little piece of Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment