Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bootstripe on and looking good and I get a fright as my neighbour burns his boat.





Well it is republic day here in Trinidad so the speedboat launch squad were busy







and so were my painters, taking advantage of a dry day to get the bootstripe done Two coats in 40 minutes, no problemo at 85 degrees!













I was some what horrified when I saw what had been holding the keel up. I have been very pleased with the quality of work done by the previous and suspect they may have inherited this.






To finish the day off I got a hell of a fright when I saw the guy who is my neighbour on the hard fire up this giant gas torch and start to burn his boat. I was slightly relieved when I saw someone standing by with a fire extinquisher.

Apparently he was heating up his teak planking to kill off the marine worms that are turning it into Swiss cheese.

You learn something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment