Tuesday, March 20, 2012

OFF TO THE BUCKET IN ST BARTS AND THE RUSSIANS ARE HERE.


i am off to St Barts at midnight for the 'Bucket' Regatta, I should get there about mid day Wednesday.

The regatta organisers are putting on an exhibition race with the 4 J class yachts on Thursday, Hanuman Velsheda Ranger and Endeavour. I shall be there and hope to get some good pics. A near unique sight I think.

This is Endeavour.


THE RUSSIANS ARE HERE


I had a really weird moment a couple of days ago, I had gotten up switched the VHF on and was dozing away waiting for the coastguard to come on with the morning forecast. Suddenly I was caught in a time warp and transmitted back to LUCY LOCKET the trailer sailor that I had explored the coast of Yugoslavia in. Why well there was an outburst, a flood, nay a torrent of Slav language on the VHF. On and on and on it went, For a second I was back on Lucy Locket out there listening to the VHF and trying to muster the few words I had learned to raise the harbormaster. It turns out that it is Russian sailing week and they were all calling in to the harbourmaster in Russian [ similar to Serbo Croat ] and it sounded just like the words I had learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment