Monday, November 10, 2014

IS CHEATING OK and POOR SANTA GETS SHREDDED

India.

Students are often keen to exercise their rights but recently there has been an interesting twist - some in India are talking about their right to cheat in university exams.

"It is our democratic right!" a thin, addled-looking man named Pratap Singh once said to me as he stood, chai in hand, outside his university in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. "Cheating is our birthright."

Corruption in the university exam system is common in this part of India. The rich can bribe their way to examination success. There's even a whole subset of the youth population who are brokers between desperate students and avaricious administrators.

So you are poor. You see rich students being allowed to cheat, paying for essays, buying exam papers in advance and bribing the markers. I can see that they might well demand the same ' rights '.

Doesn't make it right though.

Still I no longer need to worry about such things.

A PRETTY SUNSET FIXES MOST OF MY WORRIES.





NO GRINCH on ELEPHANTS CHILD.

In the middle of the night

I woke up to a new noise. Well a sequence of noises, scrinch thump clonk then click clonk. All new noises are worrying and get investigated.

I splashed out in the hardware store. Well they did not have what I wanted so I bought four little Santa heads. I know it is early but I hung one up.

Yup it was hurty paw leaping up and clawing at poor Santa's beard which was unravelling and he would fall onto the bug spray can. At the same time this would fire the ping pong ball sideways hitting the cooker front and coming back to hit the bug spray can.

Knowing now what was going scrinch thump clonk then click clonk I could go back to sleep.

He was still at it next morning when I took these pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment