Tuesday, October 11, 2016

DEFCON 1 BUS STRIKE AND SHERIFF JOE IS IN HOT FEDERAL WATER

All is quiet on the weather front in Grenada. Hurricane Nichole will brush by Bermuda probably as a Cat 1.


I went to catch a bus to town this morning only to find a bus strike in progress and a very good natured slow procession of empty buses.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio king of Maricopa County Arizona.

We visited this jail and both Carol and I felt that Sheriff Joe was doing a good job. His electorate does as well as he keeps getting reelected with big majorities.


However the US Federal government keep finding his practices unacceptable. No prisoner can be made to wear pink underwear. Pink tops are OK.


The latest battle has the Feds launching a criminal contempt case against Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio for stopping people who look as if they may be illegal immigrants and asking them to produce some identification. If they can not they are on a bus to Mexico that day.

If I lived in Maricopa County and looked like I could be an illegal immigrant I am damned sure I would carry my ID with me at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment