Sunday, September 17, 2017

GOOD NEWS FOR ME BAD NEWS FOR DOMINICA GUADELOUPE AND ST CROIX REALLY BAD NEWS FOR THE USVI AND PR

Well I am back at DEFCON 2 as it is clear that Maria will strike well to the North as a fairly compact storm.

Dominica and Guadeloupe are in the cross hairs for a strike by a cat 2 or 3.

St Croix will get hit then Maria is likely to strengthen further and hit the USVI followed by Puerto Rico as a Cat 3 or 4.

I really feel for those people who will be trying to get some supplies in then be faced with starting the clean up all over again.

St John to be evacuated
FEMA and the other government agencies currently on the ground here are recommending that all non-essential persons evacuate the island ASAP.


Back to more pleasant things. Clark's Court Boatyard organised some J24 match racing and they got some unusual light westerly winds for the races.

When they do it again I may see if I can rustle up a wrinklies entry, age 70 + to be in my gang.

But I may just enjoy watching it all from Whisper Cove Marina as I enjoy their very fine Sunday brunch


A local entrepreneur has been working on making this rescued cat into a water and fuel barge but things are proceeding slowly and he has allowed one hull to sink. Guess I need to go in and fill up with water instead of the delivery.


Irma left behind conditions for spectacular sunsets.

Makes my sundowner G & T a little more special.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very glad to hear Grenada is so far safe. The pictures from elsewhere have been incredible. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting in Grenada with the wind blowing the wrong way and squalls kicking everybody around.

    ReplyDelete