Wednesday, September 6, 2017

IRMA in ANTIGUA BARBUDA ST MARTIN THE BVI THE USVI

Only 2 reported deaths so far. I am sure this number will grow but a lot less than I was expecting.

These are all places I know well and have anchored in. Sometimes leaving friends behind who ride out the season because they are working up there. At least one couple in St Martin have lost their boat but they heeded the advice did what they could and moved ashore for the passage of the storm.

Barbuda got a direct hit and I suspect the damage to the housing stock will be dramatic as they are lightly built wooden houses for the most part. UPDATE 90% of the houses on Barbuda have major damage. I death reported so far

BVI also got a direct hit.


Paraquita bay, Tortola, view of the carnage in the hurricane moorings.


This is the big charter boat Marina on the South side of the BVI

Lots of damaged boats.


I have just heard from two friends who decided to stay in North Sound BVI. This would have been the last place I would have chosen but their boat made it through on its own two anchors. They did the sensible thing and moved ashore into a concrete and steel built hotel.

Nothing heard from Branson's Blog from Neeker island though.

No comments:

Post a Comment