Monday, September 10, 2018

LONG POST PART 1

I have finally got a working laptop. It is even speaking to my new camera a Canon SX 620 HS which is a pocket size point and shoot.

I bought a new laptop which came with Windows 10. I started to transfer all my files over from my old laptop using a remote hard drive.

I finished up locked out of both laptops and with all three of my external hard drives saying they were encrypted which meant I could not read them.

Despite spending considerable amounts of time money and skull sweat I was unable to get back in.

Even my last resort bootable thumb drive could not get me in. Not even using the hackers back door into the command prompt. If I had known how long it would take me to find a way to spoof my old laptop into letting me in I am not sure I would have kept going.

Microsoft help was of no use at all. Possibly my fault because I have stalwartly refused to register with the evil empire.

French 'experts' are of little use.

Youtube/Facebook experts are better but they failed da after day.

But I persevered and the old laptop is working.

GOD BLESS LINUX.






Dizzy has been a very clingy little cat since Y came back from skiing and I wonder if he somehow knew that I was ill. But maybe it was just that I was late with the cat food.


Speaking of food I am blaming my weight gain since I came back from skiing on the Bacon Cheeseburger with Roast potatoes served by the cafe on the dockside. It was just to convenient.


Sometimes I had to share with the locals though.

No comments:

Post a Comment