Monday, September 10, 2018

LONG POST PART 3

HURRICANES

I know I should not be this far North at this time of year but I just have not been up to sailing South. So with hurricane Isaac heading for the Antilles I am planning to sit it out in the Riviere Sens marina on the South end of Guadeloupe.

I would normally have put on my big girl pants and headed out for a 3 day 2 night sail south to safety. UNFORTUNATELY that would be heading into the possible strike zone.

Meanwhile there are two more hurricanes to the North and a third one forming in the Caribbean basin. It is busy after a long quiet spell.


Isaac, the one heading my way, is forecast to hit to the south and may be loosing strength when it gets here. It is just what the folks on Dominica can do without.

Hurricane Florence is the nasty one and is likely to be cat 4 and possibly even a cat 5 when it makes landfall in the East coast of the USA. It looks like it is going to be bad.

So Jan batten down the hatches and look after the puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment