Thursday, August 25, 2011

TRINIDAD SPREADER LIGHTS and GOOD KARMA

While the messages I am getting from cruisers in Trinidad is that it is Business as Usual it is clear that there is some quite serious restrictions being applied in some spots.

COMMISSIONER of Police Dwayne Gibbs yesterday stated that the entire country is under curfew restrictions during the specified period of 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.

This contradicts statements made by National Security Minister Brigadier John Sandy and Attorney General Anand Ramlogan.

On Tuesday at a news briefing at the National Security Ministry on Abercromby Street, Port of Spain, Sandy and Ramlogan said that citizens living in communities in which there are no curfew restrictions are free to go about their business.

Sandy had stated that persons who live outside the curfew zones were free to congregate on the roadways, and even have parties in their communities, once they conform to the rule of law.


Ah well I will give it a week and see what is going on.

Weather wise Hurricane Irene is pounding the Bahamas tonight and may become a Cat 4 by the time it hits the USA. This will not be good for the outer banks and a full scale panic is underway up there. Meanwhile down here in Grenada things are quiet and the next two being fired out of the Cape Verdes are almost certainly fish storms.



As I will be overnighting if and when I head down to Trinidad I thought I needed to fix my spreader lights. So I had someone go up the mast yesterday for the 10 minute job of replacing the bulbs in my spreader lights. BUT they were not the right ones, despite being marked spreaders. In fact the young man was not able to get the sealed light unit out so I got him to bring down the whole light assy. down. I have been into town and traipsing around the chandlers and hardware stores in search of something that would fit or if not I was prepared to buy new ones. I had phoned the most convienient store who told me they did not have the bulbs I needed. I finished up there last knowing that they had new but different ones in stock which would mean changing the screw holes and what did I discover - the right sealed light units arrrrrggggghhhhhhhh.

Ah well at least I got them and know what to ask for next time.

Zach came back today and I now have working spreader lights. Much good karma for Zach!

Had a real fright as I started to write this, my screen went grey and I thought that it had died for good. This is not the place to buy a lappie! But a rest and a reboot and it is trucking along as usual. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment