Friday, April 26, 2013

WET WET WET


Did I say it was wet?

Nothing to do with the group just the weather for the last few days. Badly needed rain has been thundering into the islands and flooding the roads dinghies and water tanks of the islanders and cruisers. I could have filled the tanks many times over if I was set up to collect water off the decks.

The swell has gone around to the North too which means that I am getting a little roll even tucked up as I am in the NE corner of Admiralty Bay.

I have been out to the Devils table a couple of times before the swell arrived and on the second visit saw not just one lionfish but at least seven and it could have been more as they were moving around. The conservation group I report to tells me they have spread down as far as Trinidad and have made it out to Tobago. As luck would have it I had not bothered taking my camera due to the dull conditions, so no pics. They would not have been much good anyway as they were 15 to 20 feet down and hiding in the shadows.

Here is a pic of a couple of grand old ladies of the ocean both on charter, one a rich mans folly built of all the latest composite fibres in the Royal Huisman Shipyard and driven by the latest high tech sails, the other built on the beach here in Bequia and driven by some well worn canvas.

But both are up to the job of keeping charter guests content.

No comments:

Post a Comment