Tuesday, July 23, 2019

THE BEST LAID PLANS

I had planned to sail down to St Lucia from Marin in Martinique on Wednesday 24 th July. Went to lift the anchor but the windlass was dead.



IT IS A SOLDERED JOINT 3 DISSIMILAR METALS AT DECK LEVEL. I SLATHER IT WITH GOOP REALLY GOOD 3 M 4200 GOOP BUT AFTER A YEAR OR SO THE JOINTS TURN TO GREEN GOO AND STOP CONDUCTING.

i WILL TRY TO POT THE NEXT ONE IN EPOXY BEFORE I FIT IT.


ANYWAY Fixed that, topped off the tanks at the fuel dock and checked out at the same time. The French islands have this sorted with check in .out computers in docks and bars. Back at anchor and just thinking about lifting the dinghy when I was felled by a wild pain in my back.

Grrrrh A couple of hours later and it is mostly OK.

I will see how I feel in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment