Monday, July 15, 2019

THINGS THAT GO BANG IN THE AFTERNOON

Something went BANG close by rousing me out of my sleepy afternoon book.


A big ferry had broken loose and hit a boat near mine.

A French fire drill followed. The biggish local boat got itself tied alongside for a hip tow but managed to get a rope around it's prop. Someone on the ferry deployed a stern anchor but just upwind of an anchored boat.

By now we had a small squadron of dinghies full of arm waving shouty cruisers and locals. Random dinghy pushing resulted in the ferry drifting sown on the bowsprit of an adjacent boat.


This was followed by some sideways pushing random anchor deployments and lots more shouting. Finally someone official arrived issued instructions to tow the boat from the bow which worked.




Meanwhile I had prepared to drop my anchor and chain if it dragged down on me which looked pretty likely at one point. The chain was buoyed so I could retrieve it. My second anchor was as always ready to go with the rode flaked out on deck. Fortunately nothing was required and I could return to my adventures in time.

Going to treat myself to this shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment