Tuesday, July 2, 2019

THE TO DO LIST GETS A LITTLE SHORTER

The sink drain which is quite a complex affair as it takes the drains from the two kitchen sinks and the drain from the little wash hand basin in the small shower has been leaking. Rather reluctantly I took it apart being hopeful that nothing would break. I can remember having a major struggle some years back to find enough matching bits to do a total replacement some years back.This was in Grenada and they get most of their plumbing stuff from the USA and it is imperial. I am in Martinique and my chances of finding imperial plumbing fittings in the local bricolage is ZERO.

By lunchtime I felt I was getting somewhere.

The drains got fixed and no obvious leaks, more importantly the outlet is supported so if there is a failure it will not sink the boat.

New fan belt fitted, I watch the belt tension closely as it is a single belt system on a 100 amp alternator which is pushing it. If the belt is at all slack it slips if it slips it has to be replaced.

While I was doing this work I spotted 2 hose clips that needed replacing which I did.

Sealed the center board tube to deck fitting.

Sealed the leaking through deck fittings for mast shrouds.

Removed dismantled cleaned and crack tested my inner forestay deck fitting. Paying particular attention the eye fitting the blacksmith had worked on.

It maybe time for an afternoon snooze.

1 comment: