Thursday, March 7, 2013

SINGING IN THE MORNING

Woke up, it was a Chelsea morning, and the first thing that I heard
Was a song outside my window, and the traffic wrote the words
It came a-reeling up like Christmas bells, and rapping up like pipes and drums

Oh, won't you stay
We'll put on the day
And we'll wear it 'till the night comes [ Joni Mitchell CLOUDS 1969 ]

Well it is not Chelsea but Rodney bay and the traffic making the words are the early morning grockle boats on their way to Castries for the daily loads of cruise ship cattle and the rental jet skis coming out from their lairs ashore.




I am anchored close to the beach so I can even here the hotel workers snapping up the beach umbrellas just like flowers blooming in the sun.

It is the start of another tough day in paradise as I tackle a job I have learned not to neglect.

TOILET SERVICE AND OVERHAUL.

While doing the work I found this little rascal, I guess I need to do the rounds of every mission critical hose clamp and replace any that show signs of corrosion.

That behind me I headed into the marina to find them racing J 24s in and around the marina pontoons. Well I have to marvel at the skill of the helms on these nimble little craft but I guess there might have been a few worried skippers on mega yachts as the racers shaved their sides and played chicken with anchor chains.



Sundowner time and the jazz band is doing it's stuff onshore.

No comments:

Post a Comment