Thursday, February 24, 2011

BEAVER CREEK and MARDI GRAS TREES




Beaver Creek is one of the sort of places that have gates on the roads and the wealthy but frightened people pay for guards and valet parking and hot and cold running service.

Opened for 1980–81 ski season, Beaver Creek was a very costly state-of-the-art European style village. However, as most of the condominiums built remain empty during the ski season, as their owners do not need the income of renting them out there is not much going on off the slopes..

However the skiing was some of the best I have had so far and I will be going ack for another day along with Breckenridge.

BEADS AND BRAS IN THE TREES

I added to my collection of adorned trees and learned from a ski patroller I talked to over lunch that this strange habit is somehow derived from the New Orleans tradition where woman bare their boobs in return for plastic beads during Mari Gras.

He did not quite explain to me how this leads to people throwing beads and bras over trees close to ski lifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment