Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BRECKENRIDGE






Rated by some as the best ski resort in North America I hit Breckenridge today.

I liked the parking sign on airport road.




After a few so so days weatherwise the sun came out although the wind was still blowing hard on the tops. As you can see from the snow devil blowing across the piste.

But it was really beautiful day in the mountains.


Breck as the locals call it has the highest chair lift in North America at 12,840 feet, servicing one of the steepest runs in the resort. Several inches of snow had fallen overnight which made for relatively easy skiing despite the steep nature of the piste and I enjoyed it so much I went back up and did it again.

I had been worried about skiing and staying at altitude as I have been at sea level for months but so far so good. In fact this is the best I have felt for some time.

I am staying in a great Bed and Breakfast which is a luxury home with a terrific view of the Rockies.

No comments:

Post a Comment