Friday, February 18, 2011

DISASTER ON THE MOUNTAIN




I lost old friends today. My Salomon SX 90 Equipes my old faithful ski boots finally gave up. I had had two really good days sking at Winter Park when on the last run down yesterday I felt something give on my right boot. Having already had some issues with the back clip I thought it was just that clip coming undone so I carried on down to the bottom but when I took my skis off I saw that the boot was broken.

Still I had a great days skiing in powder but the snow kept falling as you can see from the ice in my beard. No smiles though as I am in mourning for my boots!

I drove up to Summit and will be based at Silverthorne for the next few days while I ski Breckenridge Copper Keystone Arapaho and Steam Boat. But first of all I will have to find a pair of boots to buy or rent.

The pic is of the sunset from Winter park.


As promised I visited a MEDICAL CANNABIS CENTER. I can only show the outside of the shop as they would not let me take pics inside.

They had a doctor there on site with a list of things for which they can offer a prescription for legal marijuana. [ and the things to say that allowed him to offer it ]

No comments:

Post a Comment