Sunday, April 24, 2011

LIFE CAN BE A DRAG






I missed seeing the start of the local double enders races because when I was about to leave I realised that the boat upwind of me that had come in late yesterday afternoon was getting closer. I watched for a few minutes and it was clearly dragging and going to get close to me. So as it was unattended I stayed on board, got the fenders out and waited for the owner[s] to return. My thinking was that as they had the Q flag up they were ashore to clear in and would reurn soon.

I did get a couple of shots of the starts in the distance including this one of yet another spi wrap, and watched through binocs but it was not the same as being on the beach. Drat and double drat.

I finished up being on boat bump watch for 2 or 3 hours and eventually moved a power boat of a mooring behing me just before the dragger hit it and attached the dragger to the now vacant mooring.





In the late afternoon I pottered over to the strange shape that I had thought might be an inverted barge and confirmed that it was indeed such an animal. There had been more entertainment when a large yacht not spotting the connection had sailed bewteen the tug and the barge the rope is now marked with a plethra of assorted floating things.

No comments:

Post a Comment