Sunday, May 1, 2011

TUG BOAT DAMAGE and WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE


I went over to the tugboat by the upturned barge to see if I could find out who the owners were or at least the name. A fellow forumite on Sailnet was on his way down to the Caribbean and knew the operators of the tugboat and barge service working out of Carriacou. I had seen them when I was anchored in Tyrell bay and knew that both barge and tug were somewhat similar in size.

However a closer look showed that the paint scheme was different. I could see no name but some of the superstructure damaged when the barge tilted and 3000 tonnes of cement slid across the barge and hit the side of the tug, is covered by tarpaulins.

I talked briefly to a couple of the crew who were being close mouthed about things but they did confirm that this tug and barge operation works out of Bequia.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE


Well it is a boat with a tender, nothing odd about that except that it is a motorboat with a sailing tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment