Sunday, July 22, 2012

GRENADA SAIL

Well I made the wrong decision. I should have gone the East side route. I wimped out when I saw the clouds hovering to the east and ran down the west coast in the lee of Grenada which gave me a very pleasant sail but meant that I had to turn on the iron genny for the last few miles butting dead into wind. There was a pod of whales,three I think, south east of Carriacou. I saw them spout several times and one was lobbing his tail repeatedly. I was not close enough to get a pic. I stayed well away as there have been several instances recently of whales colliding with sailboats. The forecast is for an inch of rain tomorrow so I will be scrubbing the decks and collecting fresh water with some strategically placed buckets. Caught nothing today so it is the last of that big Mahi Mahi for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment