Wednesday, July 25, 2012

GRENADA Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It is good to be back in Grenada with the cruisers VHF net every morning saving me from checking the weather in the morning, sorting out my social life for the day, oildown at Rodgers Beach Bar or a cooking class at True Blue and of course giving me the answers to any pressing questions such as where can I get my eyes tested and is the optician up to modern standards.


The net also offered me a chance to announce myself in the new arrivals slot and I had a quick reply from the ever helpful and efficient Bob at Clarks Court Bay Marina who told me

"Youv'e got mail. "

So it was a trip to town to pick up my package from customs. Two new batteries for my good camera plus a 12v charger at half the price of one genuine Nikon.

My phone has died so I could not book an appointment at the optician but they dealt with me as a walk in so that was another job of the list.

I could not sort out my phone without passport ID despite having all sorts of other ID.

Good sunset as the Lords and Ladies who look after these things went to town on the remains of a giant thunderstorm which had been rumbling away south of Grenada.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh it is good to be back here where the living is easy and Raymond picks up the garbage, Rodger will cook up an oildown on the beach and the mail is reliable, well so far.

1 comment:

  1. I think if I ever do join you, Grenada would be a great place to do it. I know you don't go sailing but it just sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete